Visa Information & Application
1. A visa to enter into Thailand is considered by Thai authorities as a privilege extended to that particular applicant, not a right nor a commodity. The visa may be refused or cancelled by officers in charge.
When applying for visas from the Thai Embassy, it is advisable to be courteous and cooperative, failure to do so may result in delay or refusal to process your application.
2. Norwegian citizens can stay in Thailand as tourists for up to 30 days without visa.
Application for visa
You may apply for a visa by yourself at the Royal Thai Embassy or by post. The required documents are:
- Your original passport ( must be valid at least six months from the day you plan to enter Thailand)
- A photocopy of your passport (first page with picture plus any endorsement)
- One filled out application form per person.
- Two passport size photographs per person
- A copy of your confirmed ticket or booking
- Fee for the visa type you apply for.
When applying by post please include documents specified above and a stamped, envelope with your name and address written on it (to return your passport in)
Latvian citizens should contact international courier companies for postages and handling of the documents.
Visa Validity: Your visa is valid for 90 days. This means your entry/entries into Thailand must be within 90 days of the issue date of the visa, as written on your visa stamp.
Validity of Stay: Your lenght of stay has nothing to do with the validity of the visa, as mentioned above. Your visa is issued with a lenght of stay of 30, 60, 90 or other number of days. This is the number of days you may stay in Thailand without renewing your visa, counted from the day of entry into Thailand.
The processing time for normal visa application is between 3-5 working days if you apply in person.
The processing time for applications by post is between 5-10 working days. (not counting weekends)
Types of Visa and Application Fees
Transit | Tourist | Internship/Voluntary work | Non-Immigrant | Immigrant |
Visa upon arrival | Diplomatic and Official Passports
Requirements for Other Traveling Documents
Holders of traveling documents other than passports may require other documents in the application for a visa for Thailand. Please contact the Thai Embassy for detailed information.