If a Thai national dies in Norway, relatives or friends can report the death of that person at the Royal Thai Embassy. The embassy will issue a Thai Death Certificate, and it is free of charge. After that, you can bring this Death Certificate to report to the relevant Thai authorities in Thailand.
- Original Thai passport or Thai I.D. card of the dead person.
- Death certificate (must be in English), MUST be issued by Norwegian authorities and it MUST be verified by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs (UTENRIKSDEPARTEMENTET), click here Legalisation/Legaliseringer).
- A document stating causes of death in English, issued by Norwegian authorities. The document must indicate date and time of death
- Document stating postmortem treatment including name of the place and address.
- Valid passport and I.D. card of the reporter/informer (A person who reports the death at the Royal Thai Embassy)
Please scan all the required documents and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Embassy will schedule an appointment for you once we see that you have all the required documents.